Monday, June 22, 2009

Home Again


Not having been able to obtain a co-op this quarter, I find myself back home in good old Neenah, WI. The weather is great and I am actually doing some real industrial design work for my parents' new start-up design business but I can't help feeling incredibly disappointed in myself. I realize that the economy is bad and that we're competing against every other school in the country for summer jobs, but at the same time I'm a better designer than ever before and I've never felt better about my portfolio of work. I suppose at least part of the problem was me being too picky about where I apply this time around, so I can't get too worked up about this whole thing. All there is to do is get better and try harder next time.

It's not all depressing though. I've never been home for more than a week or so at a time in the past 3 years and I've never been able to just sit around and bask in the nostalgia of this place. There's so much old stuff to go through. Lots of it is just junk, but there are some precious jems hidden about with a ton of memories attached that I'd almost forgotten about. Since I can't exactly blog about my adventures in some new city I've never been to, I'll instead give you guys a taste of my childhood once a week, just to keep this blog going.

Let's make the best of this summer.

No comments: